International Employment Lawyers
We advise or co-ordinate advice from lawyers in foreign jurisdictions for multinational and global companies and international employers on international cross border employment issues, setting up business in foreign countries, business immigration, employment income tax and matters affecting employees in foreign businesses generally.
- Advised a US employee seconded to a UK company on his rights following termination of his employment in the UK.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational recruitment company on streamlining their organisation, making redundancies and terminating employment of employees across 14 Western European countries and on salary cut programmes across 6 European countries.
- Advised a global company on moving one of its divisions with 1500 staff in the UK to the Czech Republic with attendant streamlining of the organisation, redundancies and terminations.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational company on setting up business in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and the UK.
- Advised a European government agency on the application of French, Belgian and UK employment, social security and income tax laws on its employees and the ability of the employees to remain in the UK system.
Are there drawbacks to Branson's flexi-holiday plan?
'Unlimited holiday' is laced with legal pitfalls for small businesses. It sounds good in principle, but the policy - championed by SIr Richard Branson - could open businesses up to discrimination claims.
Right to be forgotten: what does it mean for employee's references? In the employment area the balancing act between transparency and privacy is difficult and the issues much less understood.
"I first met Jessica at MWKL where she was our employment law consultant. She has the ability to cut through the myre, quickly getting to grips with the issue in hand and provide clear, concise, practical, out of the box thinking solutions to UK and International employment law issues. To say she goes the extra mile is a gross understatement, interrupting holidays and sleep patterns to get information and advice in record time.
She is an actual joy to work with partnering with businesses and building relationships to facilitate successful employee relations. By far the most talented and personable employment lawyer I know!"
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, ExpertSeptember 06, 2010
Julie Dewarhired Jessica as an Attorney in 2000, and hired Jessica more than once