International Employment Lawyers
We advise or co-ordinate advice from lawyers in foreign jurisdictions for multinational and global companies and international employers on international cross border employment issues, setting up business in foreign countries, business immigration, employment income tax and matters affecting employees in foreign businesses generally.
- Advised a US employee seconded to a UK company on his rights following termination of his employment in the UK.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational recruitment company on streamlining their organisation, making redundancies and terminating employment of employees across 14 Western European countries and on salary cut programmes across 6 European countries.
- Advised a global company on moving one of its divisions with 1500 staff in the UK to the Czech Republic with attendant streamlining of the organisation, redundancies and terminations.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational company on setting up business in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and the UK.
- Advised a European government agency on the application of French, Belgian and UK employment, social security and income tax laws on its employees and the ability of the employees to remain in the UK system.
Are there drawbacks to Branson's flexi-holiday plan?
'Unlimited holiday' is laced with legal pitfalls for small businesses. It sounds good in principle, but the policy - championed by SIr Richard Branson - could open businesses up to discrimination claims.
Right to be forgotten: what does it mean for employee's references? In the employment area the balancing act between transparency and privacy is difficult and the issues much less understood.
"I had occasion to consult Jessica on a significant matter of Employee Law in 2009/10. Jessica's expert knowledge, sound judgement, diligence and proactive attitude were all key to negotiating a successful outcome. I could not have placed the matter in better hands, on a personal level Jessica was a pleasure to consult, always positive, immediately responsive and aware at all times. I have since recommended Jessica to others who have had a similar outcome and would do so again without reserve."
Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, High IntegrityAugust 22, 2010
Terence Cookehired Jessica as a Lawyer in 2009