We advise or co-ordinate advice from lawyers in foreign jurisdictions for multinational and global companies and international employers on international cross border employment issues, setting up business in foreign countries, business immigration, employment income tax and matters affecting employees in foreign businesses generally.
- Advised a US employee seconded to a UK company on his rights following termination of his employment in the UK.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational recruitment company on streamlining their organisation, making redundancies and terminating employment of employees across 14 Western European countries and on salary cut programmes across 6 European countries.
- Advised a global company on moving one of its divisions with 1500 staff in the UK to the Czech Republic with attendant streamlining of the organisation, redundancies and terminations.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational company on setting up business in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and the UK.
- Advised a European government agency on the application of French, Belgian and UK employment, social security and income tax laws on its employees and the ability of the employees to remain in the UK system.
"I have no hesitation in recommending Jessica to anyone needing help with employment law. Unlike many lawyers, who just regurgitate the rule book, Jessica gives pragmatic advice and support that is exactly what is needed at those moments you know you want to call in the lawyers. She's also great fun to work with. That she is a workaholic and so is available at all hours of the day and night is a bonus too!"
Top qualities: Personable, Expert, High IntegrityAugust 23, 2010
Alastair Oateyhired Jessica as an Attorney in 2001, and hired Jessica more than once