We advise or co-ordinate advice from lawyers in foreign jurisdictions for multinational and global companies and international employers on international cross border employment issues, setting up business in foreign countries, business immigration, employment income tax and matters affecting employees in foreign businesses generally.
- Advised a US employee seconded to a UK company on his rights following termination of his employment in the UK.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational recruitment company on streamlining their organisation, making redundancies and terminating employment of employees across 14 Western European countries and on salary cut programmes across 6 European countries.
- Advised a global company on moving one of its divisions with 1500 staff in the UK to the Czech Republic with attendant streamlining of the organisation, redundancies and terminations.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational company on setting up business in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and the UK.
- Advised a European government agency on the application of French, Belgian and UK employment, social security and income tax laws on its employees and the ability of the employees to remain in the UK system.
The case for quotas in the British judiciary.
Are there drawbacks to Branson's flexi-holiday plan?
'Unlimited holiday' is laced with legal pitfalls for small businesses. It sounds good in principle, but the policy - championed by SIr Richard Branson - could open businesses up to discrimination claims.
"I have worked with Jessica for five years. She is ultra responsive, working long hours, late into the night when there is a problem which is time-sensitive.
Jessica gives clear, concise and practical advice, and understands what our business is trying to achieve. I have a business headquartered in the US, where more than half of our employees are in other countries, so it is important to have someone I can work with for all my UK legal needs. I would happily recommend her to others."
Top qualities: Expert, On Time, High IntegrityAugust 29, 2010
Bill Kornhired Jessica as an Attorney in 2005, and hired Jessica more than once