We advise or co-ordinate advice from lawyers in foreign jurisdictions for multinational and global companies and international employers on international cross border employment issues, setting up business in foreign countries, business immigration, employment income tax and matters affecting employees in foreign businesses generally.
- Advised a US employee seconded to a UK company on his rights following termination of his employment in the UK.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational recruitment company on streamlining their organisation, making redundancies and terminating employment of employees across 14 Western European countries and on salary cut programmes across 6 European countries.
- Advised a global company on moving one of its divisions with 1500 staff in the UK to the Czech Republic with attendant streamlining of the organisation, redundancies and terminations.
- Co-ordinated and advised a multinational company on setting up business in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and the UK.
- Advised a European government agency on the application of French, Belgian and UK employment, social security and income tax laws on its employees and the ability of the employees to remain in the UK system.
The case for quotas in the British judiciary.
Are there drawbacks to Branson's flexi-holiday plan?
'Unlimited holiday' is laced with legal pitfalls for small businesses. It sounds good in principle, but the policy - championed by SIr Richard Branson - could open businesses up to discrimination claims.
"I was recommended to seek Jessica's professional advice by one of the leading legal minds in the United Kingdom; I have not been disappointed.
My respect for Jessica has grown alongside my admiration for the quality of her work which ultimately produced great results. A commanding knowledge of employment law, coupled with a strong work ethic, produced a highly successful conclusion to my case and I remain in awe, inspired and extremely grateful. This is a formidable champion, self-assured, confident and tenacious, most definitely someone to have on your side.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Jessica for all of her many qualities, not least of which is constancy of purpose and focussed legal competence."
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, ExpertSeptember 14, 2010
John Mohinhired Jessica as an Attorney in 2009